Frederick Vincent, MD, FRCSC
Dr. Vincent completed his undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering at Ecole Polytechnique, University of Montreal in Montreal, Québec. He completed his medical degree at Université Laval in Québec and his Neurosurgery Residency at University of Montreal, Notre-Dame Hospital CHUM, in Montreal, Québec. He later completed a Spine Fellowship at Toronto Western Hospital and a Neuro-Endovascular Fellowship at Buffalo Neurosurgery Group, Catholic Health System in Buffalo, NY.
In his free time, Dr. Vincent enjoys reading about computer organization and design, especially the relationship between hardware and software. He also enjoys biking, tennis, and running.
- Fellowship, Neuro-Endovascular, Buffalo Neurosurgery Group, Catholic Health System, Buffalo, NY, 2010
- Fellowship, Neurological Surgery, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, 2006
- Residency, Neurosurgery, University of Montreal, Notre-Dame Hospital CHUM, Montreal, Québec, 2005
- Internship, Radiology, University of Montreal, Notre-Dame Hospital CHUM, Montreal, Québec, 1999
- M.D., Université Laval, Québec, 1998
- B. Eng., Electrical Engineering Program, Ecole Polytechnique, University of Montreal, Montreal, PQ, 1993
- Integra Foundation Award for Tumors (CNS Meeting), 2007
- Scholarship Awardee, National Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), 1992
- Research Studentships & Scholarship Awardee, Medical Research Council/Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association of Canada (ACIM-CRM), 1994-1996
- Thioridazine lengthens repolarization of cardiac ventricular myocytes by blocking the delayed rectifier potassium current: Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 1999 Mar: 288(3): 1261-8 Vincent F, Weill A, Roy D, Raymond J. Guilbert F.
- Carotid ophthalmic aneurysm rupture after parent vessel occlusion. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005 Jun-Jul: 26(6): 1372-4.
- Multimodality Evoked Potential Monitoring for Intradural Spinal Cord Lesions of the Cervical and Thoracic Spine: Correlation of Intraoperative Changes with Surgical Decision Making and Postoperative Outcomes in a Prospective Series of 22 cases (Publication pending).
- Neuro-Oncology: The Essentials by Mark Bernstein and Mitchel S. Berger Second edition 2007: chapter 37 Spinal column tumor by F. Vincent and M. Fehlings.
- Pediatric and Adult spine trauma by Kim (Stanford), Ludwig and Vaccaro, 2006 edition: book chapter on Cervical Spine Injuries in Athletes by F. Vincent and M. Fehlings.
- Member, The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Member, Les College des Medecins du Quebec
- Member, AOSpine North America
- Member, Congress of Neurological Surgery